With the release of the new X-H2S and X-H2 models also came the Nostalgic Negative film simulation to the X system for the first time. Now the latest Xt-5 also comes with it. This is my own attempt to emulate the Nostalgic Negative simulation.
As any film simulation it is not perfect by any means, and falls off with certain colours (especially the blue tones). As I do not have these new cameras, I had to rely on examples that I found on internet.
This simulation is meant to work on daylight and rather sunny conditions, and does not work well or at all in artificial light and night time conditions.
IN CAMERA SETTINGS
- Film Simulation: Classic Chrome
- Exposure Compensation : 0
- Grain Effect: Off
- Monochromatic Color: 0
- Iso Settings: From Iso 160 Up
- Color Chrome Effect: Strong
- Color Chrome Effect Blue: OFF
- White Balance: Fluorescent Light 2 … 5 Red, -1 Blue
- Dynamic Range: DR100
- Tone Curve: H: -2 , S: -2
- Color: -4
- Sharpness: 0
- Noise Reduction: -4
- Clarity: -2
A always I’ll leave you with some examples. Hope you’ll like it, please leave me a comment if you do.